Plenty Of Fish Overview
- Over 90 million members from lots of countries of the world
- Free communication
- Great psychological tests and detailed profiles
- Extra features like “Meet Me” and “Super Yes”
- Free mobile app
- Lots of users who are looking for a casual relationship, not marriage
- Website is difficult to use
- Best features are available only to paying members
- Lots of ads
We all look for something or for someone. Some people are seeking love, some want to start a family, and some singles want to have some fun and enjoy a casual relationship with a hot lady or handsome guy. POF claims to be the place where every member can find what he or she is looking for.
This is one of the most famous platforms in the online dating industry. It has everything a top platform is supposed to have: millions of members, great features, and more importantly, it provides free communication services. Well, what more singles could ask for? But is this platform perfect? We believe that there are no perfect dating sites, but there are good dating platforms to join. Does POF fall into this category? In this review, we will analyze this website and find out.
Ease of use
Firstly, we should note that the official website is not really easy to use. The design is pretty good, but it may be difficult for a newly registered member to understand how the entire system works. Still, Plenty of Fish has a great mobile app. Moreover, most members use it instead of the website mostly because it has a better interface. You can use the same services, contact support, and keep in touch with your matches without any difficulty. So if you decide to join POF com, uploading a free app is a much better option than using the site.
Most people think that setting up an account on dating sites is a quick and easy process because the platforms want the newcomers to try some of the services and stay. Well, this is a strategy of most paid dating sites, but Plenty Of Fish does not fall into this category. You will need to spend some time answering the questions about:
- Your appearance (body type, height, and weight)
- Habits (drinking, smoking)
- Marital status (current)
- Your relationship goals (flirt, casual relationship, long-term relationship, marriage)
- Your family goals (want to have children or not)
- Age and location (city, country, zip code)
Services & support
Every member who sets up an account on Plenty of Fish com can:
- View the profiles of other registered users
- Hide his or her own profile
- See local members
- Use mobile app for free
- Read and send text messages
- Send and listen to voice messages
Members who upgrade their accounts by paying for the Premium subscription can:
- Send 3 gifts every day
- Get rid of ads
- Be first in “Meet Me” results
Special attention should be paid to the following services:
- Meet Me. This is the Tinder-like feature which allows members to search for random matches, like a member or skip her or his profile, and contact the hottest users.
- Ultra Match. Members can take a test, and the powerful algorithm of the site will find the perfect matches for them. The first five candidates in the list you receive are considered to be the best ones.
- Top Prospects. If you contact someone on the site, the platform will save information about your conversation and collect statistics. Members have access to this data, so every user can check if he or she has already contacted this hot girl or a handsome man or not.
As for the customer support, the team of the site works 24/7. Every member can contact the Support department by email, by phone or by filling out a form on the website.
Number of members
PlentyOfFish was launched in 2003 and quickly became extremely popular among single from all around the globe. It has more than 90 million users from different countries, about 4 million members log in every single day. More than 10 million conversations are initiated every day. It should be emphasized that though POF.com is an international dating platform, the majority of members are from the US. Unfortunately, gender balance is not one of the site’s advantages: currently, there are more women than men on the site. That is why the competition among the male members is fierce.
Quality of profiles
Most profiles on the site are very detailed. This is due to the fact that members can take various tests and give very informative answers to different questions. More importantly, not all of these questions are boring. Members not only provide some basic information like marital status, education, location, and so forth. They also get an opportunity to express themselves by answering questions about ambitiousness, social behavior, priorities, values, etc. Moreover, the members usually upload from 8 to 16 photos (free members can upload up to 8 pics) and describe themselves to improve the chances of finding the right person.
Another important thing to consider when looking for a match is the profile headline. One short phrase can tell a lot about a person.
In general, the high-quality of profiles is one of the site’s major advantages, so if you are looking for a free platform where you can click on a profile and learn a lot about the person, PlentyOfFish.com may be a pretty good option.
Safety & anti-scam
Firstly, it should be noted that even though the team of Plenty Of Fish takes measures to provide the high level of security, the system of the site is not as good as the systems used by paid platforms. Nevertheless, pretty long registration process, anti-scam, and anti-spam protection systems are not so bad. Members cannot upload or share inappropriate or illegal content. Members who copy and paste messages or send spam links are blocked by moderators. Besides, the company does not share your personal information and financial data with the third parties.
POF.com claims to be a free dating site. However, like most other free platforms, it has so-called special features, and they are not free of charge. We have already listed them and concluded that Premium membership really has a lot of advantages compared to Free membership. So how much does it actually cost?
- 38.70 USD for two months, 19.35 USD per one month
- 51 USD for four months, 12.75 USD per one month
- 81.40 USD for eight months, 10.18 USD per one month
If you want to use some extra features, for instance, “Super Like,” you need some Tokens. The prices are:
- 1.99 USD for 1 token
- 8.95 USD for 5 tokens
- 16.90 USD for 10 tokens
So, POF is not pricey. But it is not free. Of course, you can enjoy communication without paying for it, but if you want to get more replies to your messages, you need to upgrade your account.